Ralph Wilson Stadium

Ralph Wilson Stadium

Pages

Friday 20 February 2015

No trade needed for Raptors

Terrence Ross, Jonas Valanciunas, Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan

Yet another NBA trade deadline has come and gone and Canada's only team did not make a single move. Many teams look at this day as a way to beef up their roster with more talent and make a strong push for the playoffs. Adding that one key player could be all it takes to take your team to the next level. However, given how well the Toronto Raptors have played this year there was no need for them to make a trade. 

Toronto Raptors logo
The team currently sits at second place in the Eastern Conference and is well on its way to making the playoffs for a second straight season. With the likes of Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan leading a team that has a solid roster, no one should be surprised by the lack of a trade. The team is doing fine the way they are now. Just as the old saying goes, "If it ain't broke don't fix it."

The Raptors have made it to the playoffs six times in the history of their franchise. Only once has the team made it past the first round. Based on how they have performed this year I have great confidence that they will have no problems making it deep in the playoffs. With that being said, I will do everything in my ability to make it down to Jurassic Park and cheer on Canada's team. 

4 comments:

  1. The Raptors are finally have an amazing season, putting together a strong fourth quarter push that was often lacking in previous seasons.
    As a die-hard Raptors fan, I truly hope the talent and success of the team will not be hinder by bad officiating. It is one of the biggest pit-falls in the league, superstar teams get all the calls and the little guys get hacked a part.
    With that being said, when they make it to the playoffs you will definitely be able to find me down at Jurassic Park #WeTheNorth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed – they sick as is... But I still think they're a year or two away from going deep. - Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know much about official sporting teams, although basketball was a major part in my life from 5-15. I played travel basketball for my city and as a young teen I remember our reward the one year for winning one of the biggest championships was to go and see a Toronto Raptors game! It was the best experience ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly did not know they were ranked second in their division. I remember the day they unveiled the new Toronto's NBA Team like it was yesterday. I also took a bus from Ottawa once to see a game as a teen. Amazing how far they have come.

    ReplyDelete