Ralph Wilson Stadium

Ralph Wilson Stadium

Pages

Wednesday 25 February 2015

Every rose has its thorn: The Derrick Rose injury story

Derrick Rose favouring his knee
Chicago Bulls' point guardDerrick Rose, has once again suffered a knee injury. The former first overall pick and NBA MVP has had his fair share of bad luck lately. Revered as one of the league's best (if not the best) point guards in his prime, Rose has experienced three serious injuries in three years. 

The man could fake out any opponent with his smooth crossovers, sink three-point shots with ease and even drive to the net and put the ball home with a slam dunk. Regardless of what team you cheer for, if Derrick Rose was playing you were hoping for a highlight reel play. As a fan of all sports, I live for moments like those. I want to see the best athletes in the world do the thing they love the most.
Derrick Rose preparing for a shot

With that being said, I am quite upset to receive the news of his injury. Even as someone who supports the Raptors (a conference rival), I hate to see talented athletes go through this type of situation. It leaves all of us fans to wonder, "What if...?", and that is something I cannot get over. For all we know, Derrick Rose could have had numerous MVP caliber seasons during his injuries. He could have even helped his team win a championship or two. 

At the age of 26, there is still much potential for him to flourish in this league for a long time. Given the fact that his season is in jeopardy, I can only expect that he takes his time during his recovery. All I can say is that I hope this is the last of the injury problems for Derrick Rose. 

4 comments:

  1. As someone who grew up doing sports, there was nothing worse than having an injury and missing the chance to do what you love, even for one season. I feel for any athlete who goes through this, and it's great to read a story that shines light on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who is not overly familiar with Derrick Rose's story this post was great for filling in the gaps! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sports injuries are brutal! My grandpa was a football player, and he never fully recovered from an injury of his. I hope Derrick Rose completely recovers and can continue his career as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason your first picture reminded me of Kevin Ware's leg injury and I felt nauseous !

    ReplyDelete